Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble

I woke excited to get my hands sticky with turkey.  With my recipe in hand and ingredients at the ready, I practically create a timeline to ensure everything would be done at the precise time.  I was ready to get some turkey cookin on. 

This year, I did something a little different for the family.  Stuffing my turkey with oranges, I got the idea from the lady sitting next to me at my new job.  I took the cheesecloth idea off a randomly watched Martha Stewart Thanksgiving special.  Sometimes the best recipe is a combination.  After a temperature gauge glitch (special note - always read the directions to see if you can put the temperature gauge inside of the oven and close the door *we found out ours could not after the fact*) and a quick trip to the store, we were in business.  Probably the most moist turkey I have ever had! 

I have so much to be thankful for this year but most of all I am blessed to be close to family to share these holidays.  Being away for a year makes you crave your family during the holidays.  May your Thanksgiving  be as great as ours! 

Gobble Gobble

No comments: